Hosta info or social club

Andrew and all,

If convention garden write ups are taking space while summited scientific
articles remain un-published I think it is a bad thing. I would rather see bad
grammer(the reason given for Ben's articles not being published)in a scientific

article than I would perfect grammer about a garden I  personally visited
during the convention six months earlier.

I think a lot of space was wasted in the Journal with the whole series of "What
hostas would I buy if I had X number of dollars". Almost the same hostas were
listed over and over again. This series seemed like filler material to me.

I look forward to my two Journals each year. I think it is a good value even at
$25. It would be an even better value to me if it contained more information
about hostas and a lot less information about the hosta social scene. It seems
I keep seeing the names and faces of the same 100 or so people.

There are lots of great people in the hosta society but I did not join the AHS
to increase my circle of friends. I joined to learn about hostas. I think Ben
makes some valid points about sticking to the subject of hostas.