Journal: Hosta info or social club

I am, what most of you would call a newbie to the Hosta world. I have had a
love for Hosta for a long time, and only in recent years have I crossed the
line and can be called a Hostaholic. We joined the AHS, yes to make a few new
friends because our families just don't get it. But mostly to learn more
about this great plant.
I think those that put the journal together do a wonderful job. Yes, some of
it is over my head and some of it is not. I think that makes a good mix
because the journal is not just for the nursery professional out there, but
also for other lay people like myself who want to learn more. The pictures
are great (quality/color/mature plants). I love to see the gardens. It gives
us fresh ideas for future areas in our yard (we still have about 2 1/4 acres
to plant) If you want a journal that is completely scientific then go ahead
and start one up for all of you hybridizers/professional. On the other had I
am not looking for a journal that is all fluff either.
I think you have forgotten that there are many different people who belong to
AHS for many different reasons. Those who put the journal together are trying
to reach all those people.

My only suggestion for those that work on the journal is to dedicate a
specific percentage to scientific, pictures, gardens.... That way you get a
little of everything and not to much on one thing and this will keep most
people happy.