Re: Repelling Deer

In a message dated 01/06/2001 9:48:23 AM Central Standard Time,
ppost@voyager.net writes:

My conclusion is that the deer either encountered him (or his smell) often
enough that they avoided our property.

I live on 3 wooded acres with more wooded area and fields around me.  There
are definitely deer in the area, but in 7 years, I have never had any deer
damage to my hostas.  I also have an inside dog. I have always wondered if
the scent of my dog's "jobs" repelled the deer.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5