Re: Journal: Hosta info or social club

In a message dated 01/06/2001 8:58:30 AM Central Standard Time, SMRDH@aol.com
writes:

My only suggestion for those that work on the journal is to dedicate a
specific percentage to scientific, pictures, gardens.... That way you get a
little of everything and not to much on one thing and this will keep most
people happy.

My personal preferences on Journal content are somewhat in line with Dan's,
but I certainly cannot disagree with the logic behind the AHS's current mix
to serve all members.

Those fortunate enough to live in an area where they can belong to a local
society, may be looking to the AHS Journal to be one knowledge level above
what they casually learn strolling through lovely gardens, and should be able
to read in their local society newsletters.

Long term, I believe we need more local societies and more people within
those societies willing to share their knowledge.  Then, maybe someday, the
AHS Journal could have a higher percent content of information for the more
serious gardeners, collectors, hybridizers, and professionals.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5