Re: Journal: Hosta info or social club

In a message dated 01/06/2001 7:13:17 PM Central Standard Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<<  I believe we need more local societies and more people within
those societies willing to share their knowledge.  Then, maybe someday, the
AHS Journal could have a higher percent content of information for the more
serious gardeners, collectors, hybridizers, and professionals.

It seems you contradict yourself. Why would input from members of local
societies enhance the Journal,? What we need is advice from experts, not
week-end gardeners.

Clyde, what I was saying is that currently the AHS Journal is trying to serve
people of all hosta knowledge levels.  If more of the basics were shared at
local meetings and via local society newsletters, the AHS could devote more
text (from the experts) to the higher level subjects.  Good to see your post.
 I hope 2001 is a great year for you.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5