From: <doublemom@ivillage.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 2:19 AM
Subject: Re: Len Phillip's Hosta Magazine

> We had a good chat with Len Phillips tonight regarding the new Hosta
Magazine.  He needs 200 subscribers to make a go of this, but so far he has
only received checks from about 25 people.  I and several others have checks
in the mail to him as of tomorrow.
> I know that a lot of people want to see a copy of the magazine before
committing to it, but if everyone takes a "wait and see" approach and he
doesn't get 200 initial subscribers, then chances are the magazine will
never get off the ground.  Considering what I've paid for some hostas, $25
for a year's subscription seems like a reasonable risk to me to get a "hosta
fix" every other month via this magazine!