Re: new virus

Thank you Bob for letting people know about my problems with a virus.

I picked up the (W32.hll.bymer) virus on Thursday of this week and my system
was down by Friday at 3 in the afternoon.

We just got things fixed and are up and running again. This virus inserts
itself into Windows programming and is a real bear to get out of your
system. We were able to find the file that bymer inserted into windows and
here is where it was found in my system(in DOS).

C:\windows\system\wininit.exe    (W32.hll.bymer)

I have a new computer and did not have any anti-virus programs installed
yet. I've  learned a real lesson in the past 24 hours. Thankfully I have a
couple of friends that were able to help me out or I would have been in real
trouble. We were able to remove the inserted virus files and suffered no
loss of data. Most people would have deleted everything and started over
clean but I had at least 6 hours of data entry I did not want to loose. We
also found the JS. Speaker virus. Both of these viruses came in here in the
past 10 days and I'm quite sure they did not come through the listserve.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs hit Hosta-Open this afternoon and was
stopped by Mallorn, our server. Mallorn stops viruses that come to
Hosta-Open but if anyone has a reason to suspect otherwise please let us all

Back up all data and do it often.

Always use virus protection.

Daniel J. Nelson
Sussex Tree Inc.