Re: 20 rules

I don't know, Beth. I'm an animal rights activist and I found that catching
squirrels joke pretty offensive!

Kidding, of course. Sometimes laughing at our human frailties (and yes,
mine are in there, too) is the only way to maintain sanity in this world
we've built. I find jokes about political leanings considerably less
distressing than some of the drivel and vitriol masquerading as truth that
is put out by a lot of web sites ..

So, keep the jokes coming, Jim!

This is an oldie but goodie. I posted it here last March, and it still
 Question:  How many internet mail list subscribers does it take
            to change a light bulb?
 Answer:    1,331:
       1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the
light bulb has been changed
      14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently.
       7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
      27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light
      53 to flame the spell checkers
     156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the light
bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list.
      41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
     109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take
this email exchange to alt.light.bulb
     203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and
alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.
     111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this mail list.
     306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best  for this
technique, and what brands are faulty.
      27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
      14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post
corrected URLs.
       3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to
this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.
      33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all
headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."
      12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversey.
      19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
       4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
       1 to propose new alt.change.light.bulb newsgroup.
      47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for,
leave it here.
     143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.