Re: Pat Mora's database

First of all, Pat, thank you so much for sharing your database. Your design
is similar to what I use.

Sue is right, under the current format, you need to have Access in order to
view the information presented. I'm no computer guru either and when I tried
to export the information to excel so some of you could read it, it didn't
work the way I would like it.

Trying to explain this without using computer mumbojumbo is difficult.
Basically, the way Pat has it set up, there are several tables that relate
to each other. When you "query" the information, that database groups them
into one common data stream and you get to see all the information for that
one hosta. So when you try to export it, you have to export each individual
table and then you lose the 'relationship' that a database program like
Access provides.

Again, I'm no computer guru, so maybe someone else (like BOB!) can do it.
When I did it, I got one excel spreadsheet with names. I'd get another with
leaf information, but no names, so you don't know who is what.

I hope that made sense. Probably not, but I tried....

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)