just useless data

90 of my Hosta crosses yielded 1-5 filled seeds.  As last year I
putted these in a tube with 1ml water to save space and soil on
non germinating seed lots. Of these, after 30 days,  63 tubes
showed germination and have been potted up ( Just thrown out of
the tube). I do have the impression that this way I get a higher
germination percentage too. Several of the nongerminators have
milky water This suggest that in these cases the food is there but
the embryo if any does not germinate
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden