Re: quercis macrocarpa, Burr Oak

   I am surprised at this. I always thought pin oaks were native to the
south more, more like Missouri south.
   Bob,
  The oaks do very well here in Mn.....the Red Oaks and Pin Oaks do better
a little farther north in Mn, and they do better in the lighter soils;
gravel, sand, and in general, not good soil.  The Burr & White do very well
in our heavier soils.
Monty