Re: Hungarian National Hosta Collection

You're not the only one who got the request.  I guess I'm just cynical, but I get so many requests for free plants for good causes that... well, I guess I'm just cynical.

Chick

AmberWaveG@aol.com wrote:

Hello Everyone
I got this letter in the mail yesterday from a person in Hungary asking for
some help in furthering the cause of Hosta in Hungary. I cannot verify to the
authenticity of what he states as I no longer receive any AHS publications ie
Membership Directory. However, I am still compelled to help further the cause
of Hostas so I am asking anyone who may be able to help out please do so.
Attached below is the letter I received and am passing it on.

Dear Gary.
I'm a landscape designer from the northeast of Hungary.  My hobby is
collecting hostas of different kinds.  But unfortunately this is very
difficult because only a few kind of hostas are known in this country.
Most hostas of my collection are from the Netherlands, England and even some
beautiful hostas are given for me by German hosta lovers.
My hosta collection is registered by the Hungarian Agricultural Institute.
Since my collection is unique here in Hungary, therefore, the Institute has
declared mine to be the "Hungarian National Hosta Collection".
I'm also a member of the American Hosta Society two years ago and I also
receive the Hosta Journal.  I see many beautiful hosta in these magazines
which were created by U.S. hosta hybridisers.
I decided to turn to the American hostas hybridisers for help.  If you can, I
would like to ask you, please send me some buds if those hostas.
I would also be grateful for some colored catalogs from which I could get
known better this group of plants.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Sincerely,

Marton Peter