Re: How do you play Marbles??

I want to smack who ever posted this stupid Marbles game! I have just wasted the past two days playing this thing. It seems the more I concentrate the lower the score. Has anyone deleted all the marbles! I've only gotten down to one.
----- Original Message -----
From: chick
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: How do you play Marbles??

To get high scores you have to try to get the marbles into large groups before you delete them.  It's really pretty tricky to get consistant high scores.  Deleting two marbles gives you 2 points, but deleting 4 at a time gives you twelve, 5 gives you 20, and 6 gives you 30. A group of 13 will give you 156 points alone. On the other hand, I just deleted all but one marble but only got 258 because I couldn't make any big groups.

I'm supposed to be working on my web site but this is lots more fun.

Cindy Johnson wrote:

> I just scored a 388 on marbles and got a message "Do that again if you
> can".  I suspect I won't be sleeping much for the next few days.

I got a 578 yesterday--got all the marbles used up! Of course, I didn't
get much work done. I did not need a game here at work. I figure that if
I keep playing it I'll get really sick of it, then I can get back to work--right?

OK, what is your strategy?  It took me awhile to figure out I need to click twice on a group of marbles, and another while to figure out I'm suppose to make as many marbles as possible disappear.  Can you tell I don't play very many games?? (except Cribbage and Canasta).  This could get to be addicting though!

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a