Alex Summers

I just got off the phone with Alex Summers.  For those of you who are not
aware, Alex, who will be 87 next month, underwent surgery to have BOTH of his
knees replaced.  According to Alex the surgery was successful and the nurses
are experts at torturing him and belong in the middle ages as they look at
him gleefully as he is shrugging in pain.  For those that know Alex this is a
great sign that all is going well as he is complaining and acting as grumpy
as the Alex Summers we all know and love.   I plan to go to Milford Hospital,
Milford, Delaware on Sunday to see him.  If you know Alex well and want to
talk to him (as I know some of you might -- like Jim Hawes, and some others)
his number at the hospital is 302-430-5897.  Remember the time when you call.
 Also, as Gene is too ill to visit Alex, and he was complaining to me that no
one else has come to visit him, he really could use some calls from his "old"
friends.

Kevin P. Walek