Re: Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...

In a message dated 1/30/2001 8:33:48 AM Central Standard Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

That is the second one that I heard is closing its doors.  What's going on?

Not enough new hybrids----too many sellers.

Clyde Crockett
Clyde has it exactly right.  I can only add that as compition has grown, and TC labs have overproduced, Hostas have become available at prices, that are stealing the profits from growers.  As many are no longer able to hold on to a profitable customer base, the obvious is taking place.  I expect more of this in the future.
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048