DIGI'pix going through Hosta-open --"files under 20K'bytes be okay?" OR NOT!

  • Subject: DIGI'pix going through Hosta-open --"files under 20K'bytes be okay?" OR NOT!
  • From: Bill Nash <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:38:59 -0500

At 03:07 PM 12/31/2001, Ransom Lydell wrote: <<" Yep Bill, Looks like about a max. of 24 inches on the car.  I am at a loss to figure out where the other five feet went to !  Happy New Year Ran"
---
Ran Lydell et al ...the snow-on-car pix, sent via hosta-open, was what my car looked like, after being parked outside (for only eight hours, on Dec 27th) -- there was three days of continual snow coming down in Buffalo ..right? :)
              ...just before leaving, (December 29th) your'Weatherchannel (via'TV?) reported just over 84 inches of snow fell at Buffalo Airport, since Christmas.  Upon arrival back home, it was snowing here also; and I guess it is about time, since I could certainly use a nice snow-covering over the perennials & stuff I grow -- don't you think?

RE: Attaching Digi-pix on emails sent into hosta-open? ..I don't know, if it is a rule of thumb thing; to not do this, or what; however, by my testing of the hosta-open list-server, I find that: all digital images BEING 20,000 bytes (or less) by their disk size = do get served to the membership quite nicely?

I am curious, to know though -- what is the official policy at HOSTA-OPEN regarding digi-pix attachments coming through it -- perhaps a Moderator might tell us?  BTW...I'm attaching a digi-pix, showing our arrival at the Sheraton hotel Dec 27th; a traveller leaving the main front-entrance, after shovelling himself out -- I loved watching him get "on the road again" (roads were still open for travel at this point?)  Hope you find it amusing and...

BEST TO ALL, in all 2002 seasons

Bill Nash

---