Anyone have the tune?

  • Subject: Anyone have the tune?
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:20:54 EST

Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise - Joan Morris

Ladies, the minutes will soon be read today.
The Garden Club and Reading Class,
I'm sure have much to say,

But next week is our Culture Night, our biggest, best event,
And I've just made a dish for it you'll all find heaven-sent.
It's my lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise,
With slices of pimiento, you won't believe your eyes,
All topped with a pineapple ring and a dash of mayonnaise.
My vanilla wafers 'round the edge will win your highest praise.

And Mrs. Jones is making scones that are filled with peanut mousse,
To be followed by a chicken roll that's made in the shape of a goose.
Well, ladies, you must watch those pounds, we've found a special dish,
Strawberry ice enshrined in rice with bits of tuna fish.

That's my lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise,
Truly, a creation that description defies.
It'll go so well with Mrs. Bell's creation of the week,
Shrimp salad topped with chocolate sauce
and garnished with aleek.

And Mrs. Perkins' walnut loaf
is crowned with melted cheese,
'twas such a hit last Culture Night,
we ask, "No seconds, please.
"Now, you must try her hot dog pie
with candied mushroom slices.
Those ladies who resigned last year,
they just don't know what 'nice'is.

And my lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise,
I did not steal that recipe, it's lies, I tell you, lies!

A grand award, a picture hat and a salmon sequined gown
For any girl who tries each dish and keeps her whole lunch down.

I'm sure you all are waiting for the biggest news, dessert.
We thought of things in molds and rings your diet to subvert.
You must try a chocolate layer cake on a peanut brittle base,
With slices of bananas that make a funny face.
Around the edges, peppermints just swimming in peach custard,
With lovely little curlicues of bubbly yellow mustard.

Ha, ha, haIf all this is too much for you, permit me to advise,
More lime jello jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise,
I've made heaps!