Question for Dr. Grewal

  • Subject: Question for Dr. Grewal
  • From: njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:31:22 -0500
  • Wrom: YRWTQTIPWIGYOKSTTZRCLBDXRQBGJSNBOH

Hi Dr. Grewal,
          A question that is commonly asked on the lists is what can the
average gardener who does not have access to restricted chemicals like
Nemacur do about foliar nematode infestation. Because of changes in the
pesticide laws, many of us find ourselves with these pests running rampant
and we are not permitted to use the chemicals that best control them. What
would you say is the most effective treatment we could use?
          Another somewhat related question is ------What would you say the
long-term effects on hosta are of untreated or poorly treated foliar
nematode infestations? Can they kill plants eventually?

..........Bill Meyer