Re: One gardeners protocol for controlling foliar nematodes in a hosta collection.

  • Subject: Re: One gardeners protocol for controlling foliar nematodes in a hosta collection.
  • From: "Dan & Lu" <hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:37:02 -0500

Hi Dr. Grewal,
I had been transplanting hostas to my nematode bed in 1998 and 1999 and I performed my described treatment of about 35 hostas in my nematode bed in year 2000. I used a 5 hp. 200 gallon sprayer with a drenching nozzle for the application and each application took about half an hour.
What do you think of my practice of timed repeated applications in an attempt to catch foliar nematodes in vulnerable stages of their life cycle?
Thanks so much for your input,
Dan & Lu