Re: One gardeners protocol for controlling foliar nematodes in a hosta collec...

  • Subject: Re: One gardeners protocol for controlling foliar nematodes in a hosta collec...
  • From: BDeyes6@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:10:14 EST

In reading the postings,  I noticed that Diazinon is one of the recommendations.
In the advertising for this product, it is mentioned that you may apply it early for
grub killing throughout the season.  Could this apply to nematodes also ...meaning that it could be applied just as the leaves emerge instead of waiting until later in the season?   Also, would the effect possibly of a longer duration when using the granular application of Diazinon?  Or do I have to use the liquid product ?

Betty Davis