Re: Question for Dr. Grewal

  • Subject: Re: Question for Dr. Grewal
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:42:59 -0500

Hi John,
       Attached is a photo of foliar nematode damage in hosta, sent by Carol
Brashear to another list. This is as bad an infestation as would normally be
seen. The damage is always like this exactly, bordered by veins and filling
the area between the veins and rarely running the length o the leaf. Damaged
areas seem completely random as to where on the leaf they will appear and
which leaf on shaded plants. On plants getting a lot of sun, they are more
likely on shaded leaves in the center of the plant. Damage begins to show as
lighter areas in late June/early July and moves to this stage before the end
of July in most parts of the country. To my knowledge, nothing else causes
damage that looks the same as this. Perhaps Parwinder knows of something.
        Information an ZeroTol can be found here:

.......Bill Meyer