Fw: Tiffany Hosta Garden on TV

  • Subject: Fw: Tiffany Hosta Garden on TV
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:44:05 -0500

Hi Everybody,
          Warren Pollock asked me to send the following to the lists. I've been to this garden and it's pretty good.
                                                                                                ........Bill Meyer

****
BARBARA TIFFANY HOSTA GARDEN ON TV

This Saturday, July 19th, Barbara Tiffanys garden in Point Pleasant, Pennsylvania, will be featured on "A Gardener's Diary" on Home & Garden TV (HGTV) at 4:30 PM EST.

Many of you know Barbara as she's attended AHS national conventions, Hosta-in-Focus and local society meetings.  She is a board member of the Delaware Valley Hosta Society.

This is a very unique, huge garden along a creek that feeds into the Delaware River in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.  There are over a thousand hostas plus at least a similar number of other special perennials, rhododendrons, scrubs and trees.

The special design feature is the grouping together of hostas according to their foliage colors and variegations.  Quite spectacular is the so-called "mile-long walk," the 10-foot-high bank facing the creek that's covered with big hosta clumps of the same single color or variegation in alternating large triangles -- apex up, apex down, apex up....  I know of no other hosta garden with such a landscape scheme.

The filming was done last July over a several day period.  Barbara was interviewed by the HGTV host, Erica Glasener (spelling?), and is given several opportunities to explain her gardening views and objectives.

Two hostas are featured in detail: H. 'Split Milk' and 'Pandora's Box'.

I'll also add that Robert (Tiff) and Barbara are modern furniture designers of considerable note. They are renovating, as well as modernizing, the old, stone lumber mill on the site, which has been a formidable task for many years.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the program.  I've seen it on a pre-leased tape -- and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

If there is a conflict in your seeing it this Saturday afternon, I suggest you tape it for later viewing.  Also, I'm told there will be a rebroadcast on HGTV on Sunday, January 20th, but I have no further information at this writing.

Enjoy!

Warren Pollock