Re: Question on H.Kathryn Lewis

  • Subject: Re: Question on H.Kathryn Lewis
  • From: "Pat Mora" <patmora2@home.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:01:00 -0600

As you know, when a Hosta is not registered it is difficult to trace the parentage. 'Halcyon' is the parent of both 'June' and 'Katheryn Lewis'. In my database I am using 'Halcyon' as the parent, but remember, no database is written in stone. Information varies and is updated often, hopefully correct. Lemke may have found something I have not read. The below is what is from my database. I will be reading the communique's to hopefully assure my info is correct.

"This sport of H.'Halcyon' differs from H.'June' in that the leaves are brighter and hold their color much longer. This is a new gold-centered form of Halcyon from England. Needs sun or bright light to show it's best. By the end of the season the leaves are a lemon yellow with a dark blue-green margin". C. Lewis is the hybridizer.
Pat Mora