Re: Hosta Article Library

  • Subject: Re: Hosta Article Library
  • From: CBCTPLANT@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:58:18 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2002 9:08:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, rogers4@IX.NETCOM.COM writes:

I went to this site, signed up with Yahoo, but could not find a group like
the one described.  Would someone give me a clue, please?

Hi Floyd and other newsletter editors,
The Yahoo Groups site for the Hosta_Article_LIbrary is a secure site that only editors can subscribe to.
While the AHS web site has not yet been configured to limit access to certain areas, this Yahoo Group was set up by Preston and Dan Nelson last year.
I sent out an invitation to each of the NLE on my database last winter, which replaced the AOL site that I had set up.
It was not a mandatory sign up and only 15 NLE signed up to use it in addition to the NLE updates and Emails I was also sending.
The new NLE Coordinator, Charles Tuttle,  has had some difficulty with the Yahoo site as well and has not used it for his NLE correspondence but prefers to use Email.
Kevin and Preston kind of caught me off guard with the Convention Registration Form, and I added a HTM version to the Hosta Article Library just as a means of allowing other officers to see it. Alan Tower used a program to publish the form that is not widely owned, Adobe Page Maker, so I placed it at the Yahoo site for easy access to Kevin and CH.
While the AHS webmaster works out the details of posting it at the AHS web, I just quickly placed a rough copy of it there.
I am sorry for any confusion that this has caused.
Charles Tuttle is the NLE Coordinator now and will be deciding how he wants to distribute the information that the NLE s need for their local newsletters. But he will need some time to work with Bernie Diesen to get the Reg Form into a format that can be distributed.
While this computer and instant info medium is wonderful, it is not without its bugs when it comes to being on the same page.
I will be gone for the weekend to NJ to work out the Region One regional meeting and to attend my local society meeting, but I will be back on Monday to help with any other questions that the NLE participants have with regard to the Hosta_Article_LIbrary.
If you are an NLE participant and you would like to be invited to join the Yahoo group IN ADDITION to being on the NLE mailing list that Charles Tuttle is in charge of please Email me privately and I will send you an invitation.
Thanks for your patience while we skip into this new millennium and techno roller coaster.

EEE you later alligators,
Afterwhile Hostaphiles!

cb

Carol in CT   z6/5