RE: the hosta people journal

  • Subject: RE: the hosta people journal
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:20:05 -0600

I must say that this is the first Journal
I've read badk to back, with in a week.  The
others have taken months.  I must say that
this edition was a bit more on the simple
side.  I would have like to have seen more
on the convention gardens, since they were
there to begin with.  More history of the
garden, what else.... topography, lay outs,
Sun and Shade locations.....  Most amazing
hosta in the garden and how much sun, h2o
etc it was getting.... why was it doing so
well?  Since I'll likely not get to go

I am wondering if this is a bad thing or a
good thing.  Considering we get two journals
at the moment, one on the simpler side followed
by a more scientific edition or visa versa might
not be such a bad thing.  I think it will help
draw in the 'beginners' and keep them around,
I think the addition of more pics to the simple
journal might be nice.  (is it true the journal
is almost out of pic's?)

I was very happy to get it none the less.

Mike
Milwaukee