Hosta species

Although it is again showing my dissappointment I think someone
has to say it as it deprives the curious of new data on hosta..  All
others seem  too afraid to say anything ( Right or wrong my hosta
Last spring my article on Total DNA per nucleus of all Hosta
species appeared. I worked on it for several years including a trip to
Japan, if only to collect more than 100 forms of species. I did send
it to at least 30 hosta people including a certain G Schmid in the
USA as I thought they might be interested in this new information
on species based on solid data. THe total number of species is set
now at 23 ( as did Fujita) clearly something to ponder about
compared with the 43 "species" of Schmid.  Even if it is too difficult
to understand it could at least have been mentioned that these
articles exist. A whole page is devoted to the fact that there is a
PAPER version of the fine book of D Grenfell.The same silence
was met with my article on chimeras and polyploids of spring 2000.
It is mentioned now by Pollock ( 2002 !), however without any
details were it can be found. What is it, that make people so weary
even just to mention that such articles exist? Or is this another
indication that article 2 of the Bylaws speaking about ""fostering of
Hosta knowledge"" should be changed?
Or is this a case as in the old days were the plant owners wanted
to keep their laborers ignorant?
For those that are interested:
1 Flow cytormetric measurements of DNA content in Hosta reveals
ploidy chimeras. in : Euphytica 111, page 105-110 ( 2000)
2. Genome size and pollen viability as taxonomic criteria :
Application to the genus Hosta . in : Plant Biology 3 page 176-185
( 2001)
Happy reading and if there are any questions , just ask

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands