Re: Hosta species

Hello Bob, Ben,
I hope Ben can get his articles to you. If there is not room for articles on scientific research on hostas in the Hosta Journal then those of us that are interested need a source for this information. I believe the Hosta Society is leaning ever more towards being a social club and is getting further away from being interested in scientific research on hostas. The fact that fewer people are interested in reading about hosta science does not make the publishing of this information any less important.
It would be very interesting to know what it would cost the AHS if we were to pay for the research that Ben has done on "Flow cytormetric measurements of DNA content in Hosta reveals ploidy chimeras". I'm betting it would cost the AHS tens of thousands of dollars. We need to show support for researchers doing free research on hostas if we expect present and future scientist to be interested in hostas.
For me personally, I would like to read the transcripts of the Winter Scientific Meeting in Chicago of a few days ago. I know past Winter Scientific Meetings have been interesting too. Are we compiling this kind of information. I don't think we are and as time goes on....it's being lost.
Dan Nelson