reply to Glen

Dear Glen
I always read your postings with interest I like your musings
Therefore I am a bit dissappointed with your answer You stress the
fact that it is a vonlunteer effort This is hardly relevant as all
hobbyist societies, and I am a member of nearly ten,  are
vonlunteer efforts. I would have expected you ( or any other for that
matter) would discuss my arguments. I only wanted to help further
the quality of the journal by pointing out that half the content should
be in the yearbook as is the custom in other voluntarely run plant
societies. But no,there is not a discussion about the arguments,
only the porcupine bristles are set up again. I do object against
your suggestion that I dont contribute. Since I am a member I have
written on average an article for each and every issue. Sometimes
it was postponed like my article for the last issue about inheritance
of yellow leaf color, then my writings come temporarely to an halt. I
will continue to write "as long  there is a single person that
appreciates it" to speak in biblical terms.
PS The Leiden university has spent about $200.000 on Hosta
research (including my salary), but will not spent a dime on it any
longer.

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden