FYI -- Chuck Purtyman

  • Subject: FYI -- Chuck Purtyman
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:27:37 EST

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 I wrote the following to Jay Hyslop due to conversations at the Chicago meeting:

This weekend at the AHS mid-winter scientific meeting someone suggested that they had heard Dr. Purtyman was in poor health and another said they had heard he had passed away.  Could you let me know the "truth" so I can pass it along to others.  Thank you.

Here is Jay's response:

Kevin,
     Chuck Purtymun is still planting hostas and is in good health and probably will continue to be productive for many more years.
                                Jay Hyslop   Walden West
P.S. check out our web site Waldenwest.com

Kevin P. Walek