Re: Q &A for THJ

  • Subject: Re: Q &A for THJ
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:28:08 EST

gw1944@vermontel.net writes:

<< WHAT ARE THOSE MYTHS ABOUT HOSTAS
 THAT CONTINUE TO BEDEVIL THE AVERAGE GARDENER? IS THERE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM
 OUT THERE THAT DISTORTS VITAL INFORMATION AND SENDS PEOPLE OVER TO THE DARK
 SIDE OF RAISING DAYLILIES? LET US KNOW. >>

Glen, thanks for the smile.  I love your question.....idea.

Fortunately the magazine that I read that gave me the idea to plant hostas
had a list of the top ten hostas and that is where I started.  I think the
best question is what are the best hostas for the novice to start with?  I
wonder if everyone remembers.....I don't know which magazine but the story
was about Van Wade and his hosta garden.

Now I have another list that I complied from reading Mark Z.'s book.  If he
said it was one that everyone should have then I put it on the list.

New hostaphile should know that they don't have to own every hosta, and non
hostaphile should be made to understand that there is more than the green and
the green with the white edge.....and that is what makes them so fun.

OH, yeah, if they are that tempted to go over to the daylily side then they
weren't really serious about hostas anyway.  I teeterd there for a time and
found my way back to the straight and the narrow, which is shadier.  N.

Narda Miller
z5
Fairfield, OH
"Love never fails." 1 Cor. 13:8