Buyer Beware on eBay

  • Subject: Buyer Beware on eBay
  • From: Jaspersail@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:03:47 EST

Warning:  There is a seller on eBay auctioning seed from a large number of
very rare hostas.  I've contacted originators of two of the rare hostas
('Bacon and Eggs' and 'Dreamsicle') and they've confirmed this individual
does NOT own these hostas nor has access to seed from them. Another
hybridizer has confirmed that the individual does not own his plant as well.

The seller goes by the name "11bigben11" on eBay and identified himself as
"Ben from PA" in an email. His email address in Bigben@penn.com.

It's sad to think that a person would prey upon our enthusiasm for plants...
If anyone has information on the identity of this person, I would be most

--John Christensen
Ann Arbor, MI, Zone 5