Re: Um, klez again?

  • Subject: Re: Um, klez again?
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:33:18 EST

annfree@earthlink.net writes:

<< I was bemused to learn that someone is trying to peddle hosta seeds from
 plants he or she doesn't have on eBay.  Here I thought I was just planting a
 nice perennial that would perform year after year and be a grand addition to
 my modest garden and all of a sudden there's a black market in hostas.

Ann, some of us are naive, and some of us were, but are no longer.  I bought
a Dorothy Benedict hosta at the cost of ......something over a hundred
dollars on ebay.  I don't remember how much it was, but that was an education
in itself as it turned out to be a plain green hosta with just one streak on
one leaf that disappeared before the second season.

Membership on these lists and knowing who to trust is the best answer to not
getting taken advantage of too often.

I have not seen any indication of a virus.  We run Surfin Guard as well as
Black Ice, so Norton is not actually called upon too often.

Looking forward to reports of hosta health when the season is here.  I need
to move south to a warmer climate before my bones become too aged, or when my
kids finish high school.  Hope your reports are good ones!

Take care, N.

Narda Miller
z5
Fairfield, OH