RE: Why Grow Other's Seeds?

Hey there folks-

Since Chick was so kind to spike a topic on the forum I can, like
John, only ablidge him with an anwser.

I personally think the whole seed thing is a pain in the toockus.

I keep trying but loose intrest far too quickly.  Might be ADD
related, who knows.

I've recently added a few 'high end' breeders that hope will
spark the enthusiasm to actually get me out there and working on

Paying a high price for these plants I can see how some might
find a lot of seeds of said high price breeder might be more
attractive.  I've been told by a few that sometimes the children
of breeders make for more intetesting breeding parents, such as
Dorothy B.  So rather than pay the price for DB, what the heck
let's sew some seed.

If by chance one is lucky enough to have ones seedlings produce
some 'breeder' styled plants.... great for them.  Now's the time
to make them homemade crosses.  It's just part of the scheme
of things.

Now back to my problem.... I like to see the finished product
before I take up space in my garden... So, I like to buy finished
plants.  I'm lucky enough to at time be able to reward those
whom enjoy the challange of personally rubbing the boy parts
against the girl parts to make hosta babies.  Watch them kids
thru the terrible twos into the turbulent teens and then are
willing to kick them out of the house and into another.....
I'll likely continue along this route, and enjoy the fruits of
your labors.

When the fancy strikes and I do gain interest in this pollination
process... I've in the past and likely in the future will continue
to send the seed of to somebody who wants to sertilize starting mix,
deal with gnats, make high intensity lighting gilded shelving racks
and are willing to wait a few years for a lil'nuttin' to develope
in to sum'tin special.

So I'll continue to enable those who wish to be enabled, either
pubilicly or privately.  I however, prefer to give than sell and
will likely not change that practice.