Re: Um, klez again?

  • Subject: Re: Um, klez again?
  • From: "Ann James" annfree@earthlink.net
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:34:58 -0600

>>Ann, some of us are naive, and some of us were, but are no longer.  I
a Dorothy Benedict hosta at the cost of ......something over a hundred
dollars on ebay.  I don't remember how much it was, but that was an
education ....<<

Wow, I might pay $100 for an orchid, but I wouldn't be putting that into the
ground for the deer and the buffalo to play over and upon.  Not that we have
buffalo, so far.  It would be cosseted and fawned over indoors in a place of
honor.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think of hostas as pretty hardy outdoor
plants that thrive in cold climes.

As for eBay, that is a place where I don't set foot, for fear I would buy
the Brooklyn Bridge accidentally.  My No. 1 daughter loves it.  eBay, not
the bridge.

All my pretty hostas have gone to sleep for the winter, and I hope I was
given sound advice that the ones in pots would be okay.  I had to move a
couple that were being beat up in the ground, and then there were all those
babies.  Well, we'll see.  Nothing ventured, etc.

Ann James