Re: pollinating under lights

  • Subject: Re: pollinating under lights
  • From: Alttara Scheer alttara@earthlink.net
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:50:10 -0500

Hi Charles,

My seedlings are under lights 24/7, and I had quite a few seedlings bloom at 3-4 months of age last winter, a few of which I did pollinate under lights, successfully. They had pods come spring when they were hardened and planted out, which ripened, and some of those seeds were sown, sprouted successfully and are now growing inside.

I do think more of my attempts at pollinating under lights failed, but the failures could have had more to do with other reasons than the fact that they were under lights.

I'm sure much more wise and experienced folk will come forth to answer your question, too. In the meantime, good luck!