Re: Fw: Why Grow Other's Seeds?

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Why Grow Other's Seeds?
  • From: Kris Groberg kgroberg@fargocity.com
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:07:12 -0500

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/5/03 12:10:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> alttara@earthlink.net writes:
>
> << I had the pleasure of seeing one of the Stave churches while in Norway.
>  It was awe-inspiring.
>   >>

> I am feeling a little put our here, with all the history of art and
> architecture classes that I have had (memorizing all the cathedrals right
> down to identifying each and every one from a pic of the naive) not one
> mention of Norwegian churches.  Humph, some of you Scandinavian types should
> write your own history of architecture, give Janson and some of the others
> some competition.  N.

It's been done, Narda, but the books are all in Norwegian. The Smithsonian's
Scandinavian curators are v. busy rethinking Viking culture right now, and
they're doing a pretty good job. I had all those art history memorization of
slides and pix from Jansen too. We used to rename alot of the religious
paintings (so many alike, e.g. all those St. Sebastians) so we could remember
them better: "Guy With Pizza On Head"; "Jesus in a Pink Towel" etc. Once I had
a nun for a prof. She was vicious. She gave me an A- on a grad research paper
for ONE dangling participle. At the time I didn't even know I had dangled
anything. Then Sister Wendy came along and ruined further classes with my
nun--too many similarities. Where were we, oh yeah, hostas. I wonder if there
are hostas in Norway.

Kris