Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds?

  • Subject: Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds?
  • From: Kris Groberg kgroberg@fargocity.com
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:58:14 -0500

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/4/03 11:21:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> kgroberg@fargocity.com writes:
> <<  Plant Delights new catalog has Chick written all over it. That's
>  him on the cover, in fact. You have to look real close, though, because he
>  is a master of disguise.  >>
> Kris,
> Had wondered where they find the inspiration to keep coming up with these
> killer covers for their catalogs.

Last spring I taught at Duke and I rented a car and drove out to Jupiter Level
and thoroughly enjoyed the place. It's beautiful. But there were a lot of snakes
(big snakes). And many places flying the Stars and Bars between tobacco barns. I
made a colleague come along with me, she's from Kansas, and us Flatlanders were
freaked out by the snakes. The most I see around here are garter snakes at the
lake place. Kansas I think has no life forms. Can't be sure. Anyway, in the end,
we chickened out on trying to find Tony himself. She could care less about
hostas and I was pretty sure I'd embarrass myself with the botanical
nomenclature or something. Very friendly staff, lot of fun going on there, as is
clearly revealed in the catalogs.

On the cover re: Chick. I am not sure if he is the one that looks like the donut
or the gas mask.