Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds? / Junk Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds? / Junk Hostas
  • From: Kris Groberg kgroberg@fargocity.com
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:06:16 -0500

Chick wrote:

>  I guess what I'm saying is that, once again, we've come upon a problem
> that sounds like a good issue, something that sellers should be ashamed
> of and buyers should be up in arms about, and so far it turns out that
> we've come up with two plants.  So how big a problem is it really?
> I'll agree that there is not much justification for growing either of
> these. But before we get too upset at the growers and warning buyers to
> beware, I think we really have to come up with more than two plants out
> of all the hostas we offer.
> Chick
> Stayin' Alive

Hey, Chick. I like your idea about  H. 'Boogie Oogie Oogie'. How H. 'John
Revolta' and H. 'Olivia Neutron Bomb'--wait, that's "Grease."

Why DO people sell and buy junk hostas? I have had nothing but trouble from
several 'Brim Cup' plants too, but they always look so good in the photos so I
keep trying. Is it not worth it? Kris