Pictures of Hosta doing poorly

  • Subject: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:32:32 EST

I am doing an article for the Journal regarding "Hostas I Would Never Buy
Again."  I have been collecting data on this from over 500 members, including
the poll run on one of the robins over the last years or so, with the results
available through the Hosta Library at one time.

As part of this article I have pictures of some of the following that have
made the list.  If you have good pictures of examples of why you have
included or might want to include one of these in your list of hostas you
wouldn't recommend to a friend let me know.  We would like to have several
pictures other than just mine to accompany this article. We are working under
a very short turnaround (the next two weeks).

I will be at the winter scientific in Chicago next weekend if you want to
bring pictures to show me, or if you want to call or email me with questions
please feel free to do so.

Phone: 703 643 1927 (no answering machine); 703 643 1928 (answering machine
and computer line); 703 798 5501 (cell phone -- many people have said they
are having the best luck getting me on this line.)

Some of these plants may be good growers for you, but bad for others.  The
article not only explains the list and presents it, but also raises questions
about why some may be on the list for some, and why some can be both on this
list and in the top 20 pop poll hostas!

Abba Irresistable
American Dream
Apple Court