Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly

  • Subject: Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly
  • From: Alttara Scheer alttara@earthlink.net
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:57:21 -0500

Will there be follow-up where we can staunchly defend our favorites on the list, and submit fabulous pictures?

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 10:52 AM, Giboshiman@aol.com wrote:

Richard, I think you and Chick will see that Hosta like Big Daddy -- which is
also a good for me might be on the list for reasons that are explained by
region, location, bad batch from the TC lab, etc. Big Daddy is actually on
the "bubbling under the list but getting close. But I combined them all into
one list to make a shorter email.

PS. some of my favorites that grow great for me, are also on the list.

An earlier version of the list,even without the article has gone to members
of the AHGA in thier newsletter and I have recived only kudos and positive
feedback, including a letter from Peter Ruh which is referenced in the
article, as I made some adjustments at Peter's suggestion. I have also
gotten comments from growers that have helped explain further why some may
have made the list, and the article expresses the hope to elicit more such
commentary and research, etc, into the issues it raises.