Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly

  • Subject: Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:11:23 EST

In a message dated 1/12/2003 12:48:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

> Actually, I do have some pictures of some of the plants on the list that
> I agree with, but they are all of good specimens that won't do much to
> further the premise.  I don't normally keep pictures of ugly plants.

Thank you, I know exactly what you mean -- the reason I am asking is that I
prefer elegant -- superb exemplars of the cultivar, so even with questionable
ones, I am always looking for, and taking most of my shots of the good
examples.  Consequently, I have extremely few shots of bad hostas.  But,
given the discussion that took place on a couple of the robins a couple of
years ago regarding this subject I was hoping someone had pictures of the
ones that they were having trouble with!

Again, I appreciate your comments, as well all need a conscience, and
sometimes it has to come from others reminding us of the goals!  That is also
why I was happy to get Peter Ruh's comments on the AHGA version as it made me
do some improving.