Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly

  • Subject: Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:04:19 EST

In a message dated 1/12/03 10:37:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<< 'Big Daddy', which has always been one of
 my favorite hostas.  I've been growing it,  >>

What about Big Mama and Sague?  Those are two of my favorites.
Why....because they do well even in an adverse situation.  Big Daddy was one
of the first that I bought and it has to compete with brillo pad roots of a
birch tree and does great.  Sague, planted in full sun and basically bakes in
clay soil but reached a horizontal measurement of three and a half feet in
just two years.  I don't know how, I think it is amazing.  Won't go into any
of the rest here......well except for Patriot which is my favorite of the
white edged hostas.  Everyone who sees it wants to know where they can get
one.  N.

BTW Chick, congratulations on being so mature at such a young age.

Narda Miller
z5
Fairfield, OH
"Love never fails." 1 Cor. 13:8