Re: Fertilization

  • Subject: Re: Fertilization
  • From: jwessel@infi.net
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:20:47 -0500

Charles,

Excessive fertilizer produces high amount of salts in the soil ,that causes
a higher salt-soil concentration than root fluids , which can cause
dehydration of the roots instead of the roots absorbing soil moisture, they
become depleted of moisture. Plant will eventually wilt and die, even though
their receive adequate moisture. This condition  is more acute in soilless
mix..

I use 1/2 teasp. per gal and water from the bottom and plants should be
flush with plain water periodically.

This explanation is very elementary but true. I hope it helps.

John

Wessel Nursery
505 Gawain Court
Virginia Beach, VA. 23464