RE: Fertilization (for C. Tuttle?) = try BAP-10 and...

  • Subject: RE: Fertilization (for C. Tuttle?) = try BAP-10 and...
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:18:50 -0600

Intersesting George...

I've gotten in to debates in the past regarding root growth in soil vs
potted hosta.  I've always seen the potted hosta (potted in a soilless
mix of promix and amendments-a 'soft' mix) to have much greater root
growth when compared to similar hosta grown in soil.  I hypothisized
that it maybe due to decreased resistance.  With your experiences
growing in water I would bet that the roots when compared to hosta grown
in pots vs hosta grown in soil...that one would observe three grades of
root growth water being the most and soil the lesser.  Some believed it
was due to nutrient amts, water amts etc.

Just an interesting observation.

Mike
Milwaukee