First Look Website Contest Update #2

  • Subject: First Look Website Contest Update #2
  • From: "Bill Meyer" njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:00:27 -0500

Hi Again,
       We have a winner! Everybody can stop counting frogs and trying to
figure out what they mean now. The winner of our New Year Website Contest is
Cheryl Novak, and she had the number right. As for the last question (one that
had many of you stumped), here's her reply:

3. Why are they significant for the coming new year?
2004 is a Leap year, the fourth year is also regarded as a leap year for hosta
and  the upcoming FL4 will take a giant leap forward. (I will be taking the
leap and attending for the first time this year)

Fingers crossed
Cheryl

     Even we couldn't come up with an answer that good. Thanks to all of you
for giving it a shot. Stay tuned for more fun contests in the future, and
don't forget the upcoming First Look Auction, which will start on February
14th. Congratulations to Cheryl, and we look forward to seeing you at FL4.
                                                          .........Bill Meyer

  Hi Everybody,
           So far no one has gotten all three questions for the FL website
contest right. Several people have gotten the first one right. The answer we
were looking for is "frogs". So, that just leaves the number of different
frogs for question #2. The correct answer here will be the number of different
frog pictures found throughout the site. Not copies of the same frog picture,
not different types of frogs, but the total number of different frog pictures
in the site. Then there's the last question - why are frogs hopping all over
the site this year? I'll leave you to work that one out.
           Remember, first one to answer all three questions correctly in an
E-mail to CBCTPLANT@sbcglobal.com will win a First Look gift plant shipped to
them next summer. We are TCing a new plant that was donated to us for this
purpose, and you won't be able to get one anywhere else.
           Once again, the three questions are:
  1. What new thing can be found in the First Look website? (answer is frogs)
  2. How many different ones are there in the site?
  3. Why would we have frogs on our site this year?
  www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/index.htm
           Good luck.
                             .....Bill Meyer, First Look something-or-other

  Please copy to other lists where there might be interest.