Re: A Hosta Plea

  • Subject: Re: A Hosta Plea
  • From: "Bill Nash" raffi@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:06:57 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

 HEY GLEN IN THE TROPICS OF NORTH AMERICA -- what's with your PLEA -- :>((
Huh?

AND what's this you're rambling on about -- TOO MANY HOSTA NAMES TO KEEP
TRACK OF, etc, etc! -- so what's a few thousand more?  << etcetera!!! >>

FACTS OF LIFE (About the business of growing Hostas as saleables?) < IMHO
>(in'my'honest'opinion):

-> The business, of growing hostas strictly outdoors for selling (using NO
green-house-production?) -- ARE NOW OVER and have been for years?
AS ONE EXAMPLE:
 FACT:->  *the Big Boys* for example, and in one-area called
Niagara-on-the-Lake <NOTL>; and for that matter, the whole Niagara Falls
part of Ontario (a zone 7 climate (almost?) due to the Lake Ontario, warm
air moving inland effect, and the land being only 5 to 10 feet higher than
the lake water is itself; and perfectly flat, just below the Niagara
Escarpment Mountains? THIS AREA OF ONTARIO has many thousands of acres =
UNDER GLASS (greenhouses?).

Another area in Ontario, on Lake Huron, has many more acres under glass,
using the hot water coming out of our Nuclear Hydro Generating Stations, for
heating Glass Houses?  (Bruce Nuclear Plant?)

A third area in Ontario, Chatham/Windsor/Peelee Island, has tons-more of the
Glass HOMES?

 FACT:-> Walmart, SAMS, Home Depot; and all them other super-sized stores,
advertising "Cheapest Prices Anywhere?" , and which, do sell perennials,
well, HERE IS MY LAST

 *FACT OF LIFE FOR THE HOSTA GROWER?*

===> In very early January, when we get our coldest temperature and heaviest
snow; well, sitting in warehouses near any  International Airport: are
trillions of hostas. bare-root, stored in coolers.  Obtained from world-wide
sources; flown in.

===> By February, QUAD-ZILLIONS of hostas and other true-perennial STARTS,
are already growing nicely in pots, with leaves fully opened, within those
Glass-houses mentioned above.  MULTIPLY THIS, a million fold? -per-
worldwide hosta-production!
===>BY APRIL, these plants are sitting in Super Store GLASS-HOUSES, waiting
for the EARLY START KIDS and buyers, with leaves of all plants fully opened
and grown to perfection in perfect growing conditions?

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO COMPETE WITH THIS KIND OF HOSTA PRODUCTION, without
having a glass production house?

Personally, I've stopped growing hostas for trade; and am into manufacturing
SLING SHOTS TO FIRE ROCKS AWAY -- into the air randomly -- just for fun?
NOTL, the glass-house Capital of Canada, is my biggest sales area, what with
all them glass houses; and who knows where the stone will come down, or who
shot it?

<<You know I'm joking....right!>> about the sling shots, that is? "hehe"
>)) <wink>

B>))
your former hosta-bud'Bill, from the Ole *HOSTA-LOVE-CLAN-SCHOOLING* called
hostaluv" <many memorable laughs and years ago, perhaps?>

WHAT A TEAM TO SELF-DESTRUCT?...and as all good things normally do 'Come to
an END', including the production of hostas?

***A BTW (by'the'way) QUESTION*** does anyone know how Mr & Mrs. James HAWES
are doing -- living on that Hump-back MOUNTAIN in Maryland -- ANYONE KNOW?

AND Now -- Did you know -- China is setting up hosta-production tc-labs,
within their new-prisoner jail-farms; and this, is old news, they started
this years ago.  They do have competition in this kind of productivity from
India, Pakistan and Philipines, to say the least!  I feel sorry for our
Grand-kids?  Trillions of hostas, are sitting bare root in cold storages
around the world as I write this; and being potted up in those GLASS HOUSES
(And with: SLING SHOT PROOF GLASS, perhaps?). "hahaha" :))

Hope you had fun caressing yer snow-shovel, Glen?

JUST THINKIN SPRING the whole time, eh?

B>)) = bill nash
I've burned three tank-fulls of gasoline, using a snow blower for the past
week, so now, I'm just being Environment Friendly, by stopping the pumping
of fuel emissions into our atmosphere -- meanwhile in Toronto -- a zillion
cars are stuck on the street, going nowhere, engines and tires spinning at
full blast?   It's nice to just be at home, fire burning, etcetera?

WHERE WOULD AN ESKIMO BE WITHOUT ANY SNOW?

"CHIMO means" = _______________ ? <don't answer this>