RE: A Hosta Plea

Ah Glen-

I couldn't agree more.   I have some very nice  ~YOUNG~  sports that
I find wonderful.   I have them named but not registered, I've been
pondering
when to start that task.  Then I'm trying to decide if I should turn
them
over to somebody to propigate on a higher level.

I was flattered a few years back when the guys at Naylor had interest in

making my introduction  H. Christmas Pageant available through their
catalog.
Now I see that Tony is offering it through his place as well as Wade and
a few others.   Personally, I'm thrilled.  It's tempting now, to me, to
get
the rest of my sports to a lab and share them with the world.....

But then again, it's just as thrilling gettin' that email on the sly
from
somebody who wants to do a trade for something that I don't have, that I
didn't even know about, that I didn't even know I needed.  Something
personal
from somebody's garden, that's something special.

So now that I can step back and look at the 'big' picture and know that
may have a special sport in my garden that means much to me..... it
doesn't
mean that Hans or whom ever else is doing TC out there doesn't have 50
more like it that just haven't made it to market yet.

In retrospect.... I'm keepin my hosta!  I'll trade them out.  I don't
expect to profit from them, I know better.  I still enjoy gettin' that
special hosta.  That one that so and so doesn't have.  And I REALLY hate
spending 100 bucks on something that is at Wally world the next year for
10.  It's had a HUGE impact on my hosta spending habits to say the
least.

I second your plea, Glenn.

Mike
MIlwaukee