Re: Registration

  • Subject: Re: Registration
  • From: "Bobby Baxter - Wake Forest, NC" irismoose@daylily.net
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:01:08 -0500

Chick, I am trying to follow your discussion about naming plants and was wondering why you think that just because someone uses the word "delight" as part of a registered cultivar name that means no one else may register another plant with "delight" as part of the name? There is no such ICNCP rule that supports this scenario? Have your read somewhere that this is the case?

Name prefixes are a common practice in the registration of plants. They do help identify the garden, hybridizer, or series. Adding a prefix will also usually help a name from being rejected at the time of initial registration (as long as it is compliant with all the other naming rules).

Bobby Baxter
http://happymoosegardens.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chick" <chick@bridgewoodgardens.com>