Re: Registration

  • Subject: Re: Registration
  • From: "Bobby Baxter - Wake Forest, NC" irismoose@daylily.net
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:04:40 -0500

Chick, no name is officially registered until it completes the full registration process. Reserved names are not "registered", but that are being held for a specific period of time or until the full process is completed.

A name may be approved as a reserved name if it meets the current guidelines. However, the ICNCP rules may change while that name is in reserved status. If a rule change affects that specific "reserved" name, then that name may end up being rejected at the time of actual registration. This does not occur frequently, but it does happen.

Name reservation is a service the IRA may provide, but it is not a substitute for actual registration.

Bobby Baxter
http://happymoosegardens.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chick" <chick@bridgewoodgardens.com>