Re: New Foliar Nematode killer?

  • Subject: Re: New Foliar Nematode killer?
  • From: butch ragland wilddog_202@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:32:50 -0800 (PST)

You can kill many if not all organisms by raising the
temperature, BIG BUT you must be very precise
controlling the temperature. Years ago I raised
african violets in large numbers. Mealy bugs are a
real problem indoors on violets and almost impossible
to control. I immersed them in 125 degree F water, BIG
BUT I had a very good lab thermometer and was very
careful about not going above 125 degrees. It didn't
work at 120 degrees and killed the violets at 130
degrees.

The nematodes live in the hosta, if you dig them and
sterilize the soil and replant then the nematodes are
still in the hosta. It is exciting to think there
might be a solution, toward that end I've e-mailed
these people to get a better understanding of their
process.

--- HMinnesota@aol.com wrote:

> I certainly agree but I would guess they could turn
> the temps down or  plants
> could be dug up and the soil sterilized?
>
> Tom

=====
Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as